A mother-of-five died after suffering injuries from a horrific backyard fire after she threw gas into an active firepit to get rid of flies.
Nicole Foltz, 38, tragically died last month from burns that covered her entire body after she started a fire with her husband Jeff in their Tarpon Springs, Florida backyard.
The beloved mother and restaurant manager was spending time with her kids and friends when the accident occurred on November 14.
Nicole attempted to re-ignite the dimming fire with gasoline when her husband briefly ran inside – but ended up severely burning herself and her 11-year-old son. She tragically died three days later in hospital.
Nicole Foltz, 38, died last month after she suffered from burns from a horrific backyard fire she started in her Tarpon Springs, Florida home
Jeff posted a tragic photo holding Nicole’s bandaged arm on Facebook in a simple tribute post after she died
Niccole poured gasoline in an active firepit to help get rid of bugs when she was injured. She died in the hospital three days later
She was a mother of five children. Her 11-year-old son (far right) was also injured in the fire
Her husband Jeff had gone inside their home for a second when she poured the gas in the fire
‘She put another log on the fire,’ Jeff told WFTS. ‘She poured the gas into it, and it ignited and blew the can up in her hands which caused her to run, panic. She actually stopped, dropped and rolled like you’re supposed to.’
Jeff tragically posted a photo holding Nicole’s bandaged arm on Facebook in a heart-breaking tribute post after she died.
‘We are on the path of recovery and healing in so many ways,’ Jeff wrote on November 23. ‘I’m usually a man of many words but I’m left speechless in my grief. She is truly missed in so many ways.’
Nicole’s son is actively recovering from second and third-degree burns after spending 12 days in the hospital. Jeff said he hasn’t left his side.
‘I am thankful to all of the love and sometimes overwhelming support that I know is needed.’
Jeff and Nicole had been married since October 2020, according to his Facebook page
Jeff said that he is on a path of recovery and healing following the death of his wife
Her husband Jeff paid tribute to his beloved wife following her tragic death
The 11-year-old was wearing a jacket the night of the fire that was completely damaged from the blaze.
But Jeff later came across the anime shirt the child was wearing when the incident occurred and notice that it was in perfect shape.
‘This is truly amazing while going around our backyard for the first time fully today I ran across this and cried this shirt is what my son was wearing the night of the fire,’ Jeff wrote.
‘This is his favorite shirt that his mother bought him over the summer I ask how it not burned [or have] one burn.
‘The jacket he wore fell apart and was basically completely burnt both his arms and face but didn’t burn this shirt.
‘I’m sometimes left now with questions of how. He is so happy to know he has this shirt that he can cherish forever as am I.’
Jeff and Nicole had been married since October 2020, according to his Facebook page. The couple have been dating for 14 years.
Nicole Foltz, 38, died last month from burns that covered nearly her entire body
The 11-year-old was wearing a jacket the night of the fire that was completely damaged from the blaze. His shirt was found completely fine
Nicole worked at the Tarpon Tavern and was remembered by her co-workers as being a ‘devoted wife’
A GoFundMe fundraiser to help cover her funeral costs and on-going hospital bills for her 11-year-old son. As of Wednesday morning, more than $26,000 had been raised
Nicole worked at the Tarpon Tavern and was remembered by her co-workers as being a ‘devoted wife’ and hard worker.
‘She always put a smile on everyone’s face,’ owner Ania Bozena told Fox 13. ‘She absolutely loved her work where everybody adored her not just for her hard work, but also personality and friendship.
‘She was a devoted wife to her amazing husband Jeff. But most of all, she was a great mother who always put her family first… we miss her terribly.’
Nicole’s co-workers helped set up a GoFundMe fundraiser to help cover her funeral costs and on-going hospital bills for her 11-year-old son.
They wrote in the heartfelt message: ‘The sudden and tragic loss of Nicole Foltz devastated our community. The backyard firepit accident also severely injured Nicole’s son, Jeffrey. Please help us come together to support Nicole’s husband, Jeff, young Jeffrey, and her other four remaining children.
‘Nicole was loved so much because she truly loved life. Nicole worked as a server/manager at The Tarpon Tavern for many years. Her radiant smile always filled the room.
‘She was always there for everyone – there for every relative, every friend, every customer, every coworker, every birthday, every anniversary, every day for every one. We will miss Nicole, but our memories of her are eternal.’
As of Wednesday morning, more than $26,000 had been raised.
The devastated family are mourning the mother
- Enable Jamie Lee Curtis’ Basic, Fuss-Totally free Purple Carpet Glam Encourage Your Next Evening Search – E! On the web
- Nordstrom Rack’s Epic Spring Clearance Sale Has $128 Free of charge People Tops for $24 & A lot more 90% Off Specials – E! Online