BREAKING: Two people are rescued by police from booby-trapped house in Boulder, Colorado with gunman armed with AK-47’s barricaded inside
- A house in Boulder, Colorado was the center of a hostage situation Monday night
- Incident involved an active shooter at intersection of Iris Ave and Broadway
- Police confirmed a man barricaded himself inside the home noting how a back door, rear window appeared booby trapped
- Boulder police say officers rescued two people and the armed suspect then barricaded themselves inside the home
Police in Boulder, Colorado have rescued two people from a home in the city after being taken hostage by a suspect armed with rifles and explosives.
Following the rescue, the suspect has now barricaded himself inside and is in a standoff with police as they try and negotiate for him to leave the home, which is said to be booby trapped.
Police described the scene as being ‘very active’ according to a tweet from the Boulder PD at just after 10pm on Monday night.
The incident began when after Boulder Police received information from neighboring Lafayette police department about a possible hostage situation.
Police in Boulder, Colorado say a man has barricaded himself inside a house and taken as many as five other people hostage
The scene said to be ‘very active’ according to a tweet from the Boulder Police Department at just after 10pm on Monday
Officers responded to the scene near the intersection of Iris Avenue and Broadway managing to rescue two people from inside
Officers responded to the scene near the intersection of Iris Avenue and Broadway managing to rescue two people from inside. One local resident said they believed the house to have been unoccupied prior to the incident.
During the operation, one officer fired their gun but nobody was hit.
Those being held hostage were brought to safety whereupon the suspect then barricaded himself inside the home.
He is believed to be armed with several weapons. Officers are now evacuating people living nearby while they work to bring the man safely into custody.
Police in Boulder, Colorado say a man has barricaded himself inside a house and described the scene as ‘very active’ on Monday night
Boulder Police were quick to release information as to exactly what had happened
At one stage, a local news outlet, Fox 3, reported as many as four people to have been killed only for Boulder Police to state minutes later: ‘We have no confirmed reports of any fatalities at this scene.’
Fox also revealed how listening into the police scanner suggested the suspect had two AK-47 rifles together with a dog that had explosives placed upon it.
No other information was immediately released but Boulder Police said the department would be sharing more details as the night went on.
- Enable Jamie Lee Curtis’ Basic, Fuss-Totally free Purple Carpet Glam Encourage Your Next Evening Search – E! On the web
- Nordstrom Rack’s Epic Spring Clearance Sale Has $128 Free of charge People Tops for $24 & A lot more 90% Off Specials – E! Online