HIGH school! Ten students at LA middle school are treated for suspected cannabis overdoses, with seven taken to hospital
- At least 10 students have been treated for possible cannabis overdoses during a ‘medical emergency’ at the Van Nuys Middle School in Los Angeles
- At least seven students between the ages of 13 and 14 have been taken to the hospital as they suffer ‘mild’ symptoms
- The LAFD said the overdoses likely involved edible cannabis products
At least 10 students have been treated for possible cannabis overdoses during a ‘medical emergency’ at a Los Angeles middle school on Thursday.
First responders received a call about possible overdoses at Van Nuys Middle School after 11:30am, NBC 4 reports.
While the LA Fire Department did not confirm whether they were treating overdose victims, at least seven of the students were taken to a hospital.
Erick Scott, the departments Public Information Officer, said the overdoses likely involved edible cannabis products.
The affected students have been described to be between the ages of 13 and 14, and are said to be suffering only ‘mild’ symptoms.
At least 10 students have been treated for possible overdoses during a ‘medical emergency’ at the Van Nuys Middle School in Los Angeles
The LA Fire Department said it got a call about multiple students with medical complaints after 11:30 a.m., with first responders arriving at the scene shortly after
Video of the hectic scene shows a large police and fire presence surrounding the middle school as the students were wheeled out and put into ambulances.
The fire department confirmed that the suspected overdoses are ‘not fentanyl-related.’
In a statement following the incident, the LA Unified School District said: Today, we were made aware of a group of students who suffered a medical incident at Van Nuys Middle School.
‘In an abundance of caution, we requested medical assistance. Medical professionals and the Los Angeles School Police Department have responded.
‘As a point of clarification, Narcan was not administered based on a preliminary evaluation. Los Angeles Unified will proactively contact emergency services in an abundance of caution to protect the health and safety of our school communities.
‘We take the health and safety of our students very seriously. Every effort is made to ensure our students learn in a safe environment.
This is a developing story.
- Enable Jamie Lee Curtis’ Basic, Fuss-Totally free Purple Carpet Glam Encourage Your Next Evening Search – E! On the web
- Nordstrom Rack’s Epic Spring Clearance Sale Has $128 Free of charge People Tops for $24 & A lot more 90% Off Specials – E! Online